Brad's Link Blog

Monday, May 23, 2005

About Aerogel

This technology is nothing new, but I still think it is cool as hell!

"WHAT, you may ask, is aerogel? Aerogel is the lightest and lowest-density solid known to exist. It is typically 50-99.5% air, yet can hold (theoretically) 500 to 4,000 times its weight in applied force. Aerogel can have surface areas ranging from 250 to 3,000 square meters per gram, meaning that a cubic inch (2.5 cm x 2.5 cm x 2.5 cm) of aerogel flattened-out (again theoretically) would have more surface area than an entire football field! Aerogel's superlow density makes it useful as a lightweight structural material, and its superhigh internal surface area makes it a superinsulating solid material. For those of you who have always wanted to touch an aerogel, it feels like styrofoam. Silica aerogel is transparent with a blue color."


About Aerogel

4 Comments:

  • I'm very happy to discover this web site. I need to to thank you for your time due to this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to check out new things in your site.

    Here is my web-site; social Bookmarking service

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:23 AM  

  • It's actually a great and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you just shared this useful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

    My blog post - Dragon City Cheat Engine

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 PM  

  • When I originally commented I appear to have clicked the -Notify
    me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I get four emails
    with the exact same comment. Is there a way you are able to
    remove me from that service? Kudos!

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... candy crush saga hack

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:28 PM  

  • Thanks , I've just been looking for information approximately this subject for a while and yours is the best I have discovered till now. However, what concerning the conclusion? Are you sure in regards to the source?

    Also visit my web blog ... Microsoft Office Gratuit

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home